General steps for setting up an email account on an iPhone
Adding an Exchange account on the iPhone
The device will try to configure the Exchange server address automatically. If the server address can’t be determined, you will be asked to enter it.
After the Exchange account is successfully configured, the server’s password policies are enforced.
4. The device offers to immediately sync with the Exchange server. If you choose not to sync at this time, you can turn on calendar and contact syncing later in Settings > Mail, Contacts, and Calendars. Note: Starting from iOS 7, it is possible to synchronize Notes.
5. To complete the setup process, tap Save and wait for the iPhone to test your incoming and outgoing mail settings and connect to your mailbox.
Please note that not all Exchange features are supported. For example, the following features are not available:
- Folder management
- Opening links in email to documents stored on Sharepoint servers
- Task synchronization
- Setting an "out of office" autoreply message
- Creating meeting invitations
- Flagging messages for follow-up